Add Your Style to Ours . . . Join the Plato's Team!
We are currently hiring!
Plato's Closet® is all about being fashion savvy and shopping smart. We're a nationwide, unique retail store specializing in clothes for teens and twenty somethings -- we buy and sell the latest looks in gently used clothing and accessories from the hottest brand name designers for girls and guys.
We are currently looking for style conscious, customer service oriented sales associates to work day time shifts. The optimal candidate will be at least 18 years old and available to work days (9am to 5pm) on both weekdays and weekends, preferably 20+ hours per week. Responsibilities will include ringing sales, processing returns, answering phones, assisting customers, attending the fitting rooms, tagging, communicating the buy process to our customers, and other tasks associated with a sales associate position. This is an entry level position, with a long-term opportunity to earn additional responsibility and managerial role(s).
Plato's Closet employees also have access to some great benefits, including flexible hours, and a 25% employee discount on purchases in the store!
The right candidate must meet the following criteria:
1) Great customer service and communication skills, particularly in handling resale transactions with sensitivity. Must have familiarity with the brands and products that we sell. Prior retail experience is a plus, but we will train the right candidate.
2) Ability to work at a fast pace, with accuracy, to include basic math skills;
3) Ability to work independently, but also to work as part of a team;
4) Must have flexibility with work schedules; including holidays and weekends;
5) Familiarity with Point-of-Sale/cash register systems, to include credit card processing.
This is a sales floor position, with specific physical requirements. These include the ability to be active on the sales floor for long periods of time, up to eight (8) hours per day; lifting up to 40 pounds without assistance; and, bending, reaching, and rotating as conducive to a retail environment.
If you are interested in working in this fast-paced and fun environment, please stop by the store and pick up an application, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send you an application by email. ALL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE DELIVERED TO OUR STORE IN PERSON.
We are committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of our employment relations without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected class status.